Total Pageviews

Friday, May 03, 2024

Did the Beatles influence your youth?


They sure did mine.

I saw them for the first time on TV, the Ed Sullivan Show, playing "I Saw Her Standing There".  I was 8 years old.  Instinctively, my brother and I jumped up and started dancing.

My teenage years were spent mooning over them and their songs.

Then I grew up.

Around 9 years ago I first heard about Paul is Dead.  It was a shock.  

I actually mourned.  It sounded real to me.

I had never liked Wings.  Seeing the forensic evidence uncovered by two Italian experts on the physical differences between Paul and "Faul", the testimony of the child Paul had with a girlfriend in Hamburg... it was convincing.

Now I've just come across the videos of a guy who is a musician and has recorded in studios, and he has approached the topic from a totally different angle:  could the Beatles have written and learned/rehearsed/recorded that series of LPs in such a short amount of time while at the same time touring, making movies, going on a retreat in India with the Maharishi?

This is long but it's absolutely fascinating:

Narrative (Feb 2024)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDdRbWmJNKs&t=4s


No comments: